"I have to go on ahead!"
5th Hierarchical City of Ibukido
Parents, cute things
Insects, especially ones with lots of legs
Internet shopping (so she does not have to meet people), writing poems (never shows them to anyone)
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (playable)
Noel Vermillion (ノエル＝ヴァーミリオン) is a former Lieutenant of the Novus Orbis Librarium. She is a Boundary Interface Prime Field Device, a perfect reflection of The Origin's soul and the wielder of the Nox Nyctores' Arcus Diabolus: Bolverk and Lux Sanctus: Murakumo. A nervous, but kindhearted young woman, she aims to help others wherever she goes.
Noel is one of the original twelve playable characters who debuted in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger.
Noel is a petite girl with green eyes and blonde hair that falls to her upper back.
Noel wears her NOL uniform, which consists of a blue beret with a metal plate that she ties her hair into and a sleeveless blouse that reaches down over her thighs, and bares her shoulders and upper back in a V-shape. The sides of the blouse are blue while the front and back are white, and there is black lining around the seams. Two diamond-shaped silver pieces hang on the bottom of the blouse. She also wears a detached white collar with a red tie, and blue, detached sleeves that are a little longer over the shoulder, with black cuffs that hang over her hands. Yellow trim lines the sleeves' upper and lower hems, and they are held in place by a silver metal armband pushed up to her upper arm. Each armband has clipped to a ring on it, a red ribbon with a triangular metal tip. She wears white gloves with gold on the back, black, thigh-high socks, and blue, tucked-in, heeled boots with white lining. The boots have gold trimmings, a yellow cross on the anterior, and a silver metal tip on the toes.
After abandoning the NOL, Noel donned a new outfit. She let her hair down and now wears two blue clips in her hair. She wears a sleeveless, collared, white undershirt zipped at the back, and a short, red tie. The undershirt ends over her stomach, baring a bit of her skin. It also dips low at her back, mimicking the shape of her NOL uniform's shirt. Over the undershirt, she wears a short blue mantle with yellow lining. Red ribbons with triangular steel tips hang from the collar over her shoulders, pinned to the cloak with straps along the outside of her arms. She wears a thick black belt with a golden buckle and silver accents over a pleated, blue mini-skirt with a yellow hem. She holds her guns, Bolverk, in criss-crossed red holsters strapped behind her hips. She wears the same white gloves, blue, thigh-high socks, and style of heeled boots as in her NOL outfit, but the boots lack the cross motif and bear a large golden zipper in the front.
In the ending cutscene of Central Fiction, Noel is seen wearing a nun's outfit. She wears a white headband over a long, black habit. Her long-sleeved, black dress has a floor-length, bell-shaped skirt and a rounded, high collar. The sides of the black skirt are slit up to her upper thigh, letting a pleated, floor-length, dusky blue underskirt show through. She wears long, black socks and simple, laced, black high-heeled boots underneath.
Outwardly professional, Noel often feels lonely, and her fear of strangers makes it difficult to address that fear and establish new relationships. Although she is peerless in combat, outside of it she's often clumsy and awkward. Her cooking is especially abysmal.
Noel is shy, reserved, and struggles to keep control over her emotions. She initially had great difficulty with socialising with other people, only being able to communicate because of Bolverk's ability to suppress emotions. In time, she eventually learned to interact with others, being polite, helpful, yet reserved. She is extremely close to Tsubaki Yayoi and Makoto Nanaya, and tries to get on with Jin Kisaragi despite the cruel way he treats her. She loves her adopted parents deeply, joining the NOL to save their name and often worrying about how they are.
She struggles with her identity as an artificial human, at one point calling herself a doll. These darker emotions caused her to hate the world, but they have since been quelled. As her soul is comprised of many identities, she focuses on the identity of Noel.
Because of how shy she is, Noel shops online and attempts to hide away from others. She can become easily flustered at the slightest of remarks, but does have nerve to fight forward and resolve to do what she believes is right. The former Lieutenant regularly writes poems, although she never shows them to anyone out of sheer embarrassment. Noel also has a weakness for things she deems cute or fluffy, such as Lao Jiu or Makoto's tail.
In addition, Noel is extremely sensitive to comments made about her small chest size. This often causes her to further withdraw into herself, although on occasion when others have mistaken her for a boy or a man because of her chest size, she can become angry to the point that she immediately attacks the offender with little warning.
Powers & Techniques
Noel is a nimble solider who fights with the Nox Nyctores' Arcus Diabolus: Bolverk. Bolverk can assume the form of many firearms, it's main form being two pistols. When firing, it has the ability to shoot through space and preform armagus-based blasts, regardless of any walls and obstacles that stand in the way. Aside from being used for battle, Bolverk acts as a suppressor for Noel's negative emotions. Additionally, after Noel was smelted into a cauldron by the hands of Yuuki Terumi, Noel is able to assume her true form, Mu-12. She originally had no control over this form, as her emotions put her in a mundane state with only the desire to destroy. However, with the help of Rachel Alucard, Noel was able to master this form, and enter it with her emotions intact. As she is the Successor of the Azure (蒼の継承者 Ao no Keishokusha), Noel wields the Power of the Eye (目の力 Me no Chikara). This allows her to observe others on extraordinary levels, as she did to Tsubaki to materialize the true form of the Zero-Type Izayoi.  The Successor of the Azure is the only one capable of locating the Master Unit in the depths of the boundary. Furthermore, Noel is view the memories of another individual through touch, but she cannot do it by will. 
Noel's cooking is dangerous. The contents of her dishes usually puts the consumer in a highly fatal position, as they need to be hospitalized immediately after.  This is a trait shared by her "sisters". The Ars Magus aptitude test which was presided over by Estella McKenzie, stated that Noel had the highest aptitude ever recorded at the academy. Furthermore, Noel is gullible, and has very little control over her emotions, which leads to her being bullied or manipulated on occasions.
Due to Noel's soul being a perfect reflection of The Origin's, Noel is able to merge with others who share a part of The Origin's soul.
The girl with the power to terminate the endless loop of this world.
Orphaned by the Ikaruga Civil War, she finds home in the lower class nobles, the Vermillion family. Her memories before becoming adopted, however, are all but gone.
She is quite shy, and is not great at finding new relationships. But, she cares deeply for her family that took her in, and the friends who surround her. She will fight, if it means saving them.
Her battle prowess is quite high, especially when it comes to Ars Magus. She enters the military academy with top scores. Her talents did not go unnoticed, and it wasn't long until she was assigned to Jin's unit. Tsubaki and Makoto are friends from her Military Academy days.
The very first mission she received was one to bring back her superior at NOL, Jin Kisaragi, who was accused of defecting. She heads for Kagutsuchi, where she inherits the true ‘Azure,' which will drastically change her fate.
While still chasing Jin, she falls victim to Hazama's scheme, and awakens as μ-No.12-. After being rescued by Ragna, she finds shelter in Sector Seven, but immediately sets off with Makoto to save their friend Tsubaki from the clutches of the Imperator.
With help from Rachel, Noel controls her power – the Power of the Azure.
Appearances in other Media
- Noel is a guest character in the game Queen's Gate: Spiral Chaos, based on the popular franchises Queen's Gate and Queen's Blade by Hobby Japan, for Playstation Portable.
- In Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, Kasumi has a DLC collaboration costume based on Noel's outfit.
- In the mobile game Girls' Frontline, Noel, along with Mu-12, is a playable unit.
- The mobile game Seven Knights stars Noel as a playable character.
- The mobile game Mabinogi Duel stars Noel as a playable card.
- In the MMO Action Game Lost Saga, it is possible to customize the player's avatar as a female version of Jin. Her outfit is based on Noel's NOL uniform.
- The MOBA game Chaos Heroes Online stars Noel as a playable character.
- The mobile game Fantasy War Tactics stars Noel as a playable unit.
- The Korean-style horror game White Day: A Labyrinth Named School has outfits based on Noel's appearance (normal and NOL uniform).
- The arcade collectible card games Lord of Vermilion Re: 2 and Lord of Vermilion 3, from Square Enix, have Noel as a playable card.
- The PSVita music app NAX Music Player has Noel as purchasable background skin.
- The MMORPG Phantasy Star Online 2, by SEGA, features Noel's outfit, hairstyle, voice and weapon as customization for the player character (only female).
- The iOS/Android game Medal Masters: Call of destiny has Noel as a playable character.
- The iOS/Android game Venus Eleven Vivid! has Noel as a playable character.
- Noel's theme 'Bullet Dance' and background art depicting her are purchasable DLC in the musical puzzle game 0D Beat Drop.
- The card game Kaku-San-Sei Million Arthur, for PSVita, features Noel as a playable card.
- In the Border Break Scramble X BlazBlue collaboration, Noel's outfit is available for a playable character in Border Break. Additionally, her Bururaji chibi is available as icon.
- The PC Action-RPG Unlimited Hearts features Noel as a playable character.
- The puzzle rhythm game Magical Beat features Noel as an avatar and her theme 'Bullet Dance' as purchasable theme.
- The mobil game Hoshiribe features Noel as a playable character.
- BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Site (JP), Noel Vermillion
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction Consumer Edition Official Site (JP), Noel Vermillion
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Official Site (US), Noel Vermillion
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma, CHRONOPHANTASMA Story, Episode 14, Inherited Will
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Noel Stories, Desperation, Scene 2
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma, Remix Heart Gaiden, Episode 1, "The Case of the Difficult Duty" Part 2
- BlazBlue: central Fiction, Library Mode, Character #003