"I have to go on ahead!"
5th Hierarchical City of Ibukido
Parents, cute things
Insects, especially ones with lots of legs
Internet shopping (so she does not have to meet people), writing poems (never shows them to anyone)
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (playable)
Noel Vermillion (ノエル＝ヴァーミリオン) is a former Lieutenant of the Novus Orbis Librarium. She is a Boundary Interface Prime Field Device, a perfect reflection of The Origin's soul and the wielder of the Nox Nyctores' Arcus Diabolus: Bolverk and Lux Sanctus: Murakumo. A nervous, but kindhearted young woman, she aims to help others wherever she goes.
Noel is one of the original twelve playable characters who debuted in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger.
Outwardly professional, Noel often feels lonely, and her fear of strangers makes it difficult to address that fear and establish new relationships. Although she is peerless in combat, outside of it she’s often clumsy and awkward. Her cooking is especially abysmal.
Noel is shy, reserved, and struggles to keep control over her emotions. She initially had great difficulty with socialising with other people, only being able to communicate because of Bolverk's ability to suppress emotions. In time, she eventually learned to interact with others, being polite, helpful, yet reserved. She is extremely close to Tsubaki Yayoi and Makoto Nanaya, and tries to get on with Jin Kisaragi despite the cruel way he treats her. She loves her adopted parents deeply, joining the NOL to save their name and often worrying about how they are.
She struggles with her identity as an artificial human, at one point calling herself a doll. These darker emotions caused her to hate the world, but they have since been quelled. As her soul is comprised of many identities, she focuses on the identity of Noel.
Because of how shy she is, Noel shops online and attempts to hide away from others. She can become easily flustered at the slightest of remarks, but does have nerve to fight forward and resolve to do what she believes is right. The former Lieutenant regularly writes poems, although she never shows them to anyone out of sheer embarrassment. Noel also has a weakness for things she deems cute or fluffy, such as Lao Jiu or Makoto's tail.
In addition, Noel is extremely sensitive to comments made about her small chest size. This often causes her to further withdraw into herself, although on occasion when others have mistaken her for a boy or a man because of her chest size, she can become angry to the point that she immediately attacks the offender with little warning.
Powers & Techniques
The girl with the power to terminate the endless loop of this world.
Orphaned by the Ikaruga Civil War, she finds home in the lower class nobles, the Vermillion family. Her memories before becoming adopted, however, are all but gone.
She is quite shy, and is not great at finding new relationships. But, she cares deeply for her family that took her in, and the friends who surround her. She will fight, if it means saving them.
Her battle prowess is quite high, especially when it comes to Ars Magus. She enters the military academy with top scores. Her talents did not go unnoticed, and it wasn’t long until she was assigned to Jin’s unit. Tsubaki and Makoto are friends from her Military Academy days.
The very first mission she received was one to bring back her superior at NOL, Jin Kisaragi, who was accused of defecting. She heads for Kagutsuchi, where she inherits the true ‘Azure,’ which will drastically change her fate.
While still chasing Jin, she falls victim to Hazama’s scheme, and awakens as μ-No.12-. After being rescued by Ragna, she finds shelter in Sector Seven, but immediately sets off with Makoto to save their friend Tsubaki from the clutches of the Imperator.
With help from Rachel, Noel controls her power – the Power of the Azure.
Appearances in other Media
- Noel is a guest character in the game Queen’s Gate: Spiral Chaos, based on the popular franchises Queen's Gate and Queen's Blade by Hobby Japan, for Playstation Portable.
- In Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, Kasumi has a DLC collaboration costume based on Noel's outfit.
- In the mobile game Girls' Frontline, Noel, along with Mu-12, is a playable unit.
- The mobile game Seven Knights stars Noel as a playable character.
- The mobile game Mabinogi Duel stars Noel as a playable card.
- In the MMO Action Game Lost Saga, it is possible to customize the player's avatar as a female version of Jin. Her outfit is based on Noel's NOL uniform.
- The MOBA game Chaos Heroes Online stars Noel as a playable character.
- The mobile game Fantasy War Tactics stars Noel as a playable unit.
- The Korean-style horror game White Day: A Labyrinth Named School has outfits based on Noel's appearance (normal and NOL uniform).
- The arcade collectible card games Lord of Vermilion Re: 2 and Lord of Vermilion 3, from Square Enix, have Noel as a playable card.
- The PSVita music app NAX Music Player has Noel as purchasable background skin.
- The MMORPG Phantasy Star Online 2, by SEGA, features Noel's outfit, hairstyle, voice and weapon as customization for the player character (only female).
- The iOS/Android game Medal Masters: Call of destiny has Noel as a playable character.
- The iOS/Android game Venus Eleven Vivid! has Noel as a playable character.
- Noel's theme 'Bullet Dance' and background art depicting her are purchasable DLC in the musical puzzle game 0D Beat Drop.
- The card game Kaku-San-Sei Million Arthur, for PSVita, features Noel as a playable card.
- In the Border Break Scramble X BlazBlue collaboration, Noel's outfit is available for a playable character in Border Break. Additionally, her Bururaji chibi is available as icon.
- The PC Action-RPG Unlimited Hearts features Noel as a playable character.
- The puzzle rhythm game Magical Beat features Noel as an avatar and her theme 'Bullet Dance' as purchasable theme.
- The mobil game Hoshiribe features Noel as a playable character.