Novus Orbis Librarium
"Dispatched in mankind's darkest hour, we are knights of the blue flame!"
The Novus Orbis Librarium (
The NOL's current Imperator Librarius is Homura Amanohokosaka.
- 1 Information
- 2 History
- 3 Ranks
- 4 Military
- 5 Members
- 6 Uniform
- 7 Library Entry
- 7.1 Novus Orbis Librarium
- 7.2 Wings of Justice
- 7.3 NOL Headquarters
- 7.4 Zero Squadron: Wings of Justice
- 7.5 Third Squadron
- 7.6 Fourth Squadron
- 7.7 Armagus Unit
- 7.8 Intelligence Department
- 7.9 Imperial Guard
- 7.10 Airforce
- 7.11 Garbage Disposal Squad
- 7.12 Library
- 7.13 Orbis Librarius Norma
- 7.14 Police Station (Librarium)
- 7.15 Imperial Decree
- 7.16 Ranks
- 8 Trivia
- 9 References
In the aftermath of Dark War, the NOL was formerly known as the Orbis Librarius Norma. It was created to regulate the various grimoires, Ars Magus, Ars Armagus, and Nox Nyctores which were created during the era. It merged with the Magic Guild, with the leading houses of the 0th Magical City of Ishana becoming the Duodecim. Over time, one part of the organisation split off and became Sector Seven. A lot of grimoires were created at this time by the NOL. The NOL began to rebuild the world, and created the Hierarchical Cities that populate the Earth's mountaintops - on top of every city is the Librarium's branch, and at the bottom of the branch lies a cauldron. The entirety of the 15th Hierarchical City of Torifune is the NOL's Military Academy, and is used to educate those who wish to join their ranks.
Not only does the NOL regulate Ars Magus grimoire, but they also manage the storage and creation of it, creating a monopoly on the devices. Generally speaking, the NOL manages information that concerns the Boundary, but they also act as a world-police force, apprehending criminals and issuing bounties for vigilantes. Because of their regulations over grimoires, civilians began to resent the NOL as they stand between them and the access of Ars Magus. Despite this, the NOL exists to safeguard the tremendous power that the grimoires hold, preventing the misuse of them. 
Nearly all of the NOL's orders are issued from its headquarters in the First Hierarchical City of Ookoto. These orders go to the various branches in the Hierarchical Cities, while specific commands are issued within a branch itself. In very rare instances, the Imperator may declare an Imperial Decree which is a command personally issued and signed by the Imperator.
- Imperator Librarius
- Invictus  / Field Marshal 
- General class 
- Lieutenant General
- Major General
- Brigadier General
- Field Officer class - any officer in this class is given control of a division.
- Lieutenant Colonel
- Company Officer class
- First Lieutenant
- Warrant Officer 
- Lower classes
Despite not being listed in the main ranks, Military Lord and Commander-in-chief are ranks awarded to exceptional members within the military.
- Ars Magus Units - ground forces, also known as Ars Magi. All soldiers in this branch employ Ars Magus and Ars Armagus. All Ars Magi under this branch are dressed in a Shimmering Blue Flame / Jolting Sapphire blue color scheme.
- Martial / Melee Infantry - uses Ars magus to enhance hand-to-hand combat skills. They wear armor that has been enhanced with a special protective Ars.
- Heavy / Armagus Infantry - uses combat Armagus for all-around enhancement and specialize in close-range Armagus.
- Special Infantry - long range soldiers. Full name is the Novus Orbis Librarium Special Infantry, or NOLSI for short.
- Air Corps - uses Ars magus-powered vessels, and aircrafts called Shebalves, of which few are in supply. The air force's numbers are much less compared to the ground forces. They guard the arrival and departure facilities used by civilians in Hierarchical Cities, such as the ones at the Lakeside Port or Kagutsuchi Port. Forces under this branch are dressed in a Triumphant Return of the Kingfisher green color scheme, which is supposedly a metaphor.
- Intelligence Department - specializes in gathering information. NOL spies are usually found in this branch. Forces under this branch are dressed in a Corrosive Jet Black black color scheme.
- Wings of Justice - administers punishment for those who commit crimes against the NOL, both internally and externally. Officially, this branch does not exist, and all members are known as Judges. The standards on which they judge offenders are based on prerequisites set by the Imperator itself. Is both a branch and a division. Forces under this branch are dressed in an Incorruptible Pure White white color scheme. Formerly led by Meifang Lapislazuli.
- Imperial Palace Guards - little information. Led by Kagura Mutsuki.
- Engineering Department - little information. Formerly led by Relius Clover.
- Relief Corps - little information.
Officially, these squadrons are called the Ars Magus Legion of the Novus Orbis Librarium, but few people address it by its full name. Squadrons and divisions are usually numbered but may be given actual names.
- Zero Squadron: Wings of Justice - Both a branch and a division. Formerly led by Meifang Lapislazuli.
- Third Thaumaturgist Squadron - Ellen Nelson's unit. Is part of the Ars Magi branch.
- Fourth Thaumaturgist Squadron - Jin Kisaragi's unit. Included Noel Vermillion as his personal assistant. In timeloops without Noel, Tsubaki took her place. Is part of the Ars Magi branch.
- Ninth Thaumaturgist Squadron - Grimwood Huster's unit, also known as the Hound Unit. It was mainly deployed to weaken opponents on the frontlines of battlegrounds so more squadrons could later come and claim the glory for themselves. Seemingly wiped out during the Ikaruga Civil War. Jin, Karenjina Parsett, Honoka, and Owl also belonged to this unit. Is part of the Ars Magi branch.
- Praetorian Guard - a unit that can be assembled at any time by the Imperator. It consists of the NOL's strongest soldiers, regardless of their rank. The Guard consists of members from any branch or squadron. Most consider the position a form of rank itself. Kagura is the commander of an assembled squadron.
- Homura Amanohokosaka - Imperator Librarius.
- Kagura Mutsuki - Colonel, commander of the Praetorian Guards and head of the Imperial Palace Guards.
- Jin Kisaragi - Major of the Fourth Squadron. Praetorian Guard.
- Tsubaki Yayoi - former Major of the Zero Squadron. Currently in the Ars Magi branch.
- Hibiki Kohaku - Captain. Kagura's personal assistant and member of the Ars Magi.
- Makoto Nanaya - former Second Lieutenant of the Intelligence Department. Currently in the Ars Magi branch.
- Houichirou Hazuki - former Commander-in-chief, current Military Lord.
- Estella McKenzie - professor at the Military Academy.
- Akane Teruhiko - member of the Ars Magi.
- Ellen Nelson - Sergeant Major for the Third Squadron.
- Tsubaki's father - unknown position.
- Yuuki Terumi - founder; deceased.
- Izanami - former Imperator Librarius; abdicated.
- Tenjo Amanohokosaka - former Imperator Librarius; overthrown, deceased.
- Nine the Phantom - unknown position; deceased.
- Relius Clover - former Colonel of the Engineering Department; unknown.
- Hazama - former Captain of the Intelligence Department and corporal in the Ninth Squadron; travelled to a different world.
- Noel Vermillion - former Lieutenant of the Fourth Squadron and Praetorian Guard; resigned to live as a nun.
- Grimwood Huster - former Captain of the Ninth Squadron; deceased.
- Karenjina Parsett - former Corporal of the Ninth Squadron; unknown.
- Meifang Lapislazuli - former Colonel of the Wings of Justice; deceased
- Litchi Faye-Ling - unknown position, Relius' personal assistant; resigned.
- Cypher Albar - former professor at the Military Academy; presumed deceased.
- Taro Sasaga'e - unknown position.
- Elina - unknown position; deceased.
- Owl - former soldier in the Ninth Squadron; deceased.
The standard male NOL uniform has a white inner jacket which is made of thick cloth, like that of a kimono. There are black parts around the torso of this jacket made of leather. Over this, most soldiers wear a tabard that is also made of the same cloth as the inner jacket, while the yellow colored borders are made of leather. Connected to this tabard are shoulder clothes, again made with thick cloth. The uniform has trousers, although this is optional if the soldier is wearing something like a full-body suit underneath the uniform. There are also white leather gloves that reach up the forearm and leather boots with a silver lining. Variations of this uniform include red ties, which can either be clip-on or genuine.
The standard female NOL uniform has a backless and sleeveless tabard. The chest area is made of rubber, as is a band around the waist to make the uniform fit tight. The white parts on the back and front are made of a thick cloth material while the colored sides are made of leather. There are sleeves held onto the arms by metal cuffs, and white gloves made of cloth are also required. Tights are optional, and are made of black leather and soft rubber. A beret made of a finished material is also optional, and it has a thick silver band across it. Finally, the uniform's shoes are made of leather with silver linings. Unlike the male uniform, the red tie seem to not be optional, but can be clipped on.
The female uniform also has an optional coat as opposed to the tabard that male uniforms wear over their inner jacket. This coat is thick and covers the entire top half of the uniform. On it is golden embroidery, two sleeves, black belts and a hood.
NOL uniform largely differs between owners, as most of them are usually customized for their owner's comfort or practical usage. One example of this is Grimmwood's sleeveless shirt, the thermal suit Jin wears under his uniform, and the Sealed Weapon Izayoi which Tsubaki is permitted to wear on duty despite it not being part of the organization's dress code. The color of the uniform depends on the branch of which the soldier belongs to - there is the Shimmering Blue Flame for the Ars Magi; the Triumphant Return of the Kingfisher green for the Air Corps; the Corrosive Jet Black for the Intelligence Department; and the Incorruptible Pure White for the Wings of Justice. Ars Magi have elastic red metal tails on their sleeve cuffs, the Intelligence Department have small golden ornaments on theirs, and the Wings of Justice have white feathers instead.
Novus Orbis Librarium
Also known as the ‘Librarium’ or ‘NOL’ for short. The organization that controls the present world. Jin and Noel used to be among its members.
They are also simply called the ‘Library’ due to the large number of Grimoires they possess. Their rule is mainly based around controlling Ars Magus, administering the Hierarchical Cities, and training the Praetorian Guard. 
Wings of Justice
Another name for the Zero Squadron which Tsubaki belongs to. Its official name is 'Zero Squadron: Wings of Justice.' 
The decision-making body of the Librarium. It is located in the 1st Hierarchical City, ‘Ookoto.’ It issues orders to the various branches of the Librarium. 
Zero Squadron: Wings of Justice
A military unit Tsubaki belongs to, consisting of Imperial Guards, as well as Praetorian Guards who are Imperial Guard candidates. Their uniform theme is an 'incorruptible pure white'.
All members wear the same cloaks and masks, making it impossible to distinguish features such as gender or facial expressions at a glance, and they are widely feared as a result. Their main task is to eliminate rebels and traitors of the Librarium, thus they are begrudgingly called the 'Librarium's garbage disposal squad' by some. 
One of the military groups under the Librarium. An Armagus Unit. Warrant Officer Ellen Nelson is one of its members. 
One of the military groups under the Librarium. An Armagus Unit. Jin and Noel are among its members. 
One of the military groups under the Librarium. Their uniform theme color is a 'shimmering blue flame.'
Most blue uniformed Praetorian Guards belong to this group. Their main task is combat, making use of Ars Magus 
One of the military groups under the Librarium. Their uniform theme color is a 'corrosive jet black.'
Hazama and Makoto are among its members. They mainly perform tasks relating to information, such as gathering intelligence data. 
A military unit consisting of specially selected soldiers from various other divisions. The name Imperial Guard is closer to a class or social title. They normally serve under other military divisions, and only assemble when specifically ordered by the Imperator under special circumstances. 
One of the military groups under the Librarium. Their uniform theme color is a 'triumphant jade kingfisher.'
They mainly operate Ars Magus Vessels and smaller flight equipment called Shebalves, and specialize in combat from the skies. 
Garbage Disposal Squad
A nickname for the 'Wings of Justice'. Since their main task is to eliminate rebels and traitors of the Librarium, they are often begrudgingly called this by other units. 
A sarcastic nickname for the Novus Orbis Librarium. This name stems from the fact that they possess many Grimoires. 
Orbis Librarius Norma
An organization established at the end of the Dark War to manage the ‘Grimoires.’ It changed its name to the ‘Novis Orbis Librarium’ soon thereafter. 
Police Station (Librarium)
A place where Librarium personnel are stationed, existing on every level. They secure and hold criminals. 
Commands sent directly from the Imperator. The Librarium operates through the will of the Imperator, and all members must obey her orders. 
The ranks of the Librarium, from highest to lowest, are:
General class: General, Lieutenant General, Major General, Brigadier General.
Field Officer class: Colonel, Lieutenant Colonel, Major.
Company Officer class: Captain, First Lieutenant, Lieutenant, Warrant Officer. Master Sergeant, Sergeant, Corporal, Lance Corporal, Private First Class, Private E-2, Private E-1.
- Erroneously, Library Mode lists the Praetorian Guard as "Imperial Guards", while "Praetorian Guard" is used to describe the average NOL officer.
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma, Teach Me More, Miss Litchi! Tip 1: Calamity Trigger Review
- BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, Teach Me Miss Litchi! - Episode 4, Slacker 0, Good Guy 1"
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Teach Me, Miss Litchi! Episode 3 - Touch bases with the secrets of the En OL!
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma, Teach Me More, Miss Litchi! Tip 2: Continuum Shift Review
- This order is reversed in Teach Me, Miss Litchi!.
- Noel specifically says this class does not exist in Teach Me, Miss Litchi! but it is listed in Teach Me More, Miss Litchi!.
- This class is in the Company Officer class in Teach Me, Miss Litchi!, but in the lower classes in Teach Me More, Miss Litchi!
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma, Teach Me More, Miss Litchi! Tip 2: Continuum Shift Review
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Teach Me, Miss Litchi! Ep.3 - Touch Bases with the secrets of the En OL!
- Only mentioned in Teach Me, Miss Litchi!.
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #013
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #021
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #023
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #024
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #025
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #026
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #027
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #028
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #029
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #030
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #031
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #032
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Organization #036
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Location #039
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Item #019