Locations in BlazBlue are split across three main settings, each set at different time periods. The main eponymous main series' locations exist post-Dark War, while Bloodedge Experience and XBlaze locations exist pre-Dark War in the modern era.
The Boundary forms an integral part of all three worlds.
- 1 BlazBlue
- 1.1 0th City of Izanagi
- 1.2 5th Hierarchical City of Ibukido
- 1.3 6th Hierarchical City of Yabiko
- 1.4 7th Hierarchical City of Kazamotsu
- 1.5 8th Hierarchical City of Wadatsumi
- 1.6 9th Hierarchical City of Akitsu-Kou
- 1.7 11th Hierarchical City of Shinatsu
- 1.8 13th Hierarchical City of Kagutsuchi
- 1.9 15th Hierarchical City of Torifune
- 1.10 Other
- 2 Bloodedge Experience
- 3 XBlaze
BlazBlue's world centers around 23 Hierarchical Cities built after the Dark War. The first two games take place in Kagutsuchi, while the third game introduces locations in other towns like Ibukido, Yabiko, and Kazamotsu.
It was known pre-Dark War as the Magister's City of Ishana.
The main location of BlazBlue: Variable Heart.
The whole city serves as the Military Academy.