"To grant my longstanding wish, I shall take that body of yours."
Novus Orbis Librarium
Meifang Lapislazuli (メイファン＝ラピスラズリ) is a colonel of the Novus Orbis Librarium and the leader of the Zeroth Squadron. She was a great threat during the Ikaruga Civil War, and had murdered and tortured a great many people to achieve her goals.
Meifang is the main antagonist of BlazBlue: Variable Heart.
Meifang is a woman with a fair complexion, light blue eyes, and black hair. Her hair is tied back by a large crimson ornament, which resembles horns, into two tails. She wears a simple, tight-fitting red NOL dress with a large cream NOL coat over it, signifying she is a member of the Zeroth Squad. The coat has two crosses on the shoulders and several brown straps running around itself. She also wore black tights and the standard issue NOL boots, albeit cream colored. Inside her Phantom Field, Meifang's sclera turned black and her long hair was let loose, flaying in multiple directions. Multiple black lines ran across her cheeks.
A masochist without remorse for her victims, Meifang was devoid of most emotions and only sought to do what she believed was right. The only goal she had was to make Izanami come into the world, and she cared for little else. Everyone around her is disposable in her eyes, no matter how important they may be, and how affectionate she may have seemed towards them in the past.
Meifang has deeply rooted feelings for Tenjo Amanohokosaka, willing to do everything and anything for her and her goals in life. She was disgusted with the Ikaruga Civil War and why it began, finding the pursuit of a Black Beast's power foul. To this end, Meifang believes that the only way to protect Tenjo is with power to fight against power.
Powers and Techniques
Meifang is a deft user of Ars Magus, and has displayed several abilities exclusive to her, such as Pain Killer, which makes her completely immune to all forms of pain - it doesn't seem to be an ability she can turn off, however, as she actually enjoys the pain which is inflicted upon her. As well as this, she is capable of using a mysterious technique that allows her to instantly deal a blow strong enough to punch a clean hole through the average person. Additionally, she is able to use strengthening Ars Magus on her body, which can even block attacks from Outseal (although not completely).
Despite all her powers, according to Houichirou Hazuki, it's disgraceful to the Hazuki name that Mai was defeated by Meifang, and that the latter is weak.
BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Official Site Profile
Captain of the Zeroth Squadron (Wings of Judgement) of the Novus Orbis Librarium. Possessing a loyalty to the Imperator that borders on insanity, she learned her lesson during the Ikaruga Civil War and aims to create an absolute world for the Imperator's sake. She is trying to obtain Mai Natsume's body (the No-Name Grimoire) for this reason.
- In the BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Character Poll, Meifang placed 43rd out of the 84 candidates. She scored one place above Saya Terumi and one place below Cypher Albar. She had 248 votes.
- In an interview with series creator Toshimichi Mori in the BlazBlue: Central Fiction Official Setting Material Collection he described having developed Meifang as a character who should be worthy of the role of villain. He explained that this was done by giving her depth and making her understandable despite having chosen the wrong methods.
- Meifang's unusual attack that creates large holes was never explained in the series. It was also copied by Rin Hazuki at one point, but when they met is unknown.
- BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Site (JP), Meifang
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction Official Setting Material Collection
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction Official Setting Material Collection, Toshimichi Mori interview
|Other (C-series)||Edgar and Claire Vermillion ·Ellen Nelson · Four · Francis and Rosenne · Lao Jiu · Pakumen & Terumen · Three · Two|
|Remix Heart||Elina · Guardian ·|
|Variable Heart||Julian ·|
|Phase Shift||Ayami Yayoi ·|
|Crossover Characters (BBTAG)|
|Persona 4 Arena/
|Under Night In-Birth|