"Hand over the Eye of the Hunter. My elder brother... I'll kill him."
Saya Terumi (輝弥サヤ) is the current host of Soul Eater in the Bloodedge Experience possibility. She is a member of the Amanohokosaka Clan and the younger sister of Naoto Kurogane. Saya is a perfect killer who struggles to keep her Drive under control, and yearns to revive the Terumi branch of her clan.
Saya is one of the main characters of BlazBlue: Bloodedge Experience - Part 2.
Saya is a 13 year old girl with pale skin, red eyes and long purple hair that is found among all known women of the Amanohokosaka Clan. She is usually seen in a purple kimono. She is always seen carrying a handbag with her katana lying inside.
As a child, Saya was weak, quiet, and shy. She was proud over her clan to the point that Naoto thought she was almost obsessed. After the incident, she was confined in the Amanohokosaka household. Because of this, Saya doesn't have any friends, she doesn't go to school, nor studies or plays. She has spent most of her life in isolation.
Saya's relationship with Naoto is odd. The two are estranged but they both feel a familial connection, caring about one another to some degree. Saya's feelings, however, are twisted, as she only wants to kill Naoto to claim the Eye of the Hunter. With it, she plans to revive her clan. She has apathetic feelings over her mother, and she does not seem to care about Haruka Hayami or Yuki Hayami.
Powers and Abilities
As the current host of Soul Eater, Saya is remarkably powerful and shows great control over the Drive. Usually, the Drive is an aura which drains the life-force of everyone in her vicinity, but Saya has such control over it that she needs only touch someone to activate it. Furthermore, should she kiss someone, then she will take a person's life-force far more rapidly. Even when she was only 8, Saya's Drive was strong enough to wipe out the entirety of her clan.
Saya's Drive is not her only strength, however, as she is an incredible swordswoman who wields her katana with deadly proficiency. Her strikes are fast, deliberate, and powerful, being able to land blows on both Raquel and Valkenhayn. Physically, she's strong enough to lift Naoto by his throat. An interesting technique that Saya can employ to vastly improve her speed and strength, allowing her to outpace and nearly defeat Valkenhayn. There is only one drawback, and that the technique will greatly tire her after three minutes. Saya is also hindered by her naturally frail body, meaning she needs to use Soul Eater regularly to keep up her strength.
BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Official Site Profile
Naoto's younger sister by blood. Unlike Naoto, who regards the Terumi family name as meaningless, she takes pride in her lineage.
- Saya is alluded to and mentioned three times in BlazBlue: Central Fiction.
- When Naoto first met Izanami, he mistook her for Saya.
- Relius mentioned to Izanami about a girl he once met in the past who was a monster and the basis for the 5th Boundary Interface Prime Field Device. The description matches Saya exactly.
- When Naoto first met Ragna the Bloodedge, the two of them ended up confused as their sisters share the same name.
- BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Site (JP), Saya Terumi
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Arcade Mode, Naoto Kurogane, Act II
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Story Mode, Episode 005, Chapter 035
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Story Mode, Episode 009, Chapter 066, Sub Scenario 1