"Target acquired, moving to annihilate."
Sword Summoner II (CS-CSEX)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (playable)
λ-No.11-, commonly abbreviated as Lambda-11 is an imitation Murakumo Unit and Boundary Interface Prime Field Device with Saya as her base. Originally designed by Relius Clover, Lambda underwent a great deal of torture at the hands of scientists within the 5th Hierarchical City of Ibukido, and was eventually rescued by Iron Tager and Kokonoe who sealed her soul. After being killed by Yuuki Terumi while trying to save Ragna the Bloodedge, Lambda was revived inside the Embryo.
Lambda originally appeared in BlazBlue: Continuum Shift as a playable character, but was absent for BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma. She reappeared in its remake, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend, and onward.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers & Techniques
- 4 Relatives
- 5 Official Profiles
- 6 Appearances in other Media
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
Lambda resembles Nu in nearly every way physically, except for her hair color, the tone of her skin, and her facial features. Lambda's hair is golden, similar to Noel's, her skin is a healthy light tan, and her eyes are wide open and bright.
Lambda's jumpsuit is identical to Nu's, but her cloak is very different. While it has the same collar as Nu's cloak, it has a golden piece of fabric resembling a necktie in place of the ring and talisman attached to Nu's collar. Unlike the one-piece cloak worn by Nu, Lambda's is split into 3 large folds, which are colored gold, black, and white. The two folds on the sides of her cloak are emblazoned with a large lambda letter and the text “No. 11” under it. Beneath that, in smaller text, is printed “MURAKUMO - UNIT ◄ idea DRIVE ► -2198-”.
Lambda's battle gear is completely identical to Nu's, except the color scheme is completely changed from shades of blue accented with green to black and purple accented with orange.
Silent and devoid of emotions, Lambda speaks in a very mechanical and detached manner, and is incapable of taking any kind of action without a direct command to do so.
Opposite to her sister, Nu, Lambda is nearly always emotionless thanks to her memories being wiped by Kokonoe. She loyally follows Kokonoe's every order, and speaks in a cold monotone while using complex technical language. Nu's soul was initially injected into Lambda and sealed, but it has since disappeared. Because of Nu's soul, Lambda was able to develop some emotions, particularly towards Ragna. Unlike Nu's intense feelings towards the Grim Reaper, Lambda's is more subtle, and these feelings have persisted since her resurrection. Lambda felt so strongly for Ragna that she willingly defied Kokonoe's orders and sacrificed herself in order to save him.
Time spent with Ragna, however, allowed Lambda to develop her own sense of identity. She displayed empathy and kindness towards both Ragna and an injured tartar, opting to spend to her own time trying to heal the insect instead of focusing on her primary directive to return to Kokonoe.
Before having her memories wiped, Lambda only knew suffering and was relentlessly experimented upon by scientists. She would cry out to be freed from the torture but she was unable to physically scream her terror. Thankfully, Lambda has no recollection of these events nor the trauma that was inflicted upon her.
Powers & Techniques
One of Kokonoe's strongest operatives, Lambda has abilities similar to those found in her sister, Nu. She is nearly always outfitted in bladed armor with multiple floating blades tailing behind her. These blades can be used in conjunction with Lambda's ability to summon swords from nowhere to attack opponents - simply put, Lambda attacks with a myriad of blades that overwhelms her opponents. With Kokonoe serving as the mission director, Lambda has a direct stream to her master which gives her an almost unlimited amount of knowledge at her disposal.
Lambda is one of the first to have been implemented with an Idea Engine, which was created by Kokonoe. It allows its user to have capabilities similar to those found in Nox Nyctores type weapons. With the Idea Engine, Lambda has some immunity to Phenomenon Intervention, but this ability is unstable.
In Continuum Shift, Lambda functions as Nu's replacement and the two are near identical in playstyle. Lambda's Drive is Sword Summoner II, which makes her summons sword projectiles at long ranges. In Chrono Phantasma Extend, Lambda's Drive had its function changed. While still fundamentally similar, Sword Summoner II would create an additional projectile automatically after hitting an opponent and Lambda herself was made stronger in close-range fighting than Nu. The two still share many moves, but the subtle differences mean the two of them play very differently.
Because Lambda's armor is made out of titanium and other light metals, her defenses are inferior to both Nu and Mu-12. She does not wield a Lux Sanctus: Murakumo either, making her the weakest in both offensive and defensive capabilities out of the three units who inherited parts of The Origin's soul. Like Nu, however, she cannot be absorbed back into The Origin since she has come to form her own unique identity. Lambda's weakness in combat compared to her sisters can be best demonstrated by her being killed from only two hits by the Geminus Anguium: Ouroboros.
|5th Boundary Interface Prime Field Device||A Black Beast|
|Ragna the Bloodedge|
(Adopted by the Sister)
(Adopted by the Sister, later adopted by Kisaragi household)
(Adopted by the Sister)
(Clone of Saya)
(Clone of Saya, adopted by Edgar and Claire Vermillion)
(Clone of Saya)
|Shuichiro Ayatsuki †||Mother †||Marceline F. Mercury|
|Tomonori †||Jubei||Nine the Phantom †||Celica A. Mercury †|
|Kokonoe||Ragna the Bloodedge|
(Adopted, later adopted by the Kisaragis. Becomes Hakumen in different timeline)
(Adopted, merged with Noel, Izanami, and Mu. Identifies as Noel)
Created from Jubei's genes
(Clone of Saya)
(Clone of Saya, adopted by Edgar and Claire Vermillion. Merged with Saya and Izanami)
(Clone of Saya)
|Suzukaka †||Totokaka||Chachakaka||Torakaka||Taokaka||Kaka Kittens|
Cali-Kaka, Feisty-Kaka, Fluffy-Kaka, Spotty-Kaka
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Official Site Profile
A bio-weapon given life by Kokonoe. She is a "Murakumo Unit" made from a fusion of the body of the 11th Prime Field Device recovered by Tager from the Sheol Gate, and the soul of the lost 13th Prime Field Device (ν -13-). Having completely lost her memory, she is currenly being used to fulfill Kokonoe's goals.
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Official Site Profile
An imitation "Murakumo Unit" created by Kokonoe using the recovered body of the 11th Prime Field Device recovered from Ibukido. When she lost her body and disappeared, she entrusted the Idea Engine to Ragna, who was in a crisis. She then awoke in an unfamiliar location, having lost all of her memories — about herself, and about Ragna...
BlazBlue: Central Fiction Official Site Profile
An imitation "Murakumo Unit" created by Kokonoe using the recovered body of the 11th Prime Field Device recovered from Ibukido. She receives an order from Kokonoe to search for the "Grim Reaper" that possesses the "Azure Grimoire," but whenever she hears the name "Ragna," she reacts.
BlazBlue: Central Fiction Library Entry
A bio-weapon created by Kokonoe.
An imitation of the ‘Murakumo' unit, built with the 11th Prime Field Device Tager retrieved during Ikaruga, combined with the soul of ν-No.13-, thought to have been lost at the Gates of Sheol. Furthermore, Kokonoe installed an IDEA Engine as a final resort and secret weapon against Terumi.
All of Lambda's memories deleted, Kokonoe uses her to carry out missions. That is, until she encountered Ragna, when ν-No.13-‘s memories began to resurface.
She is destroyed, protecting Ragna from Terumi's attack. That is when Ragna absorbs the IDEA Engine into himself.
BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Official Site PRofile
Silent and emotionless, she takes in everything mechanically and is unable to act without orders. She is equipped with the "Idea Engine," which is equal in ability to a Nox Nyctores.
Appearances in other Media
- The mobile game Mabinogi Duel stars Λ-No.11- as a playable card.
- In the BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Character Poll, Lambda placed 12th out of the 84 candidates. She scored one place above Tsubaki Yayoi and one place below Makoto Nanaya. She had 2,364 votes.
- Like Nu, Lambda's movelist references several makes of cars.
- Lambda shares her English voice actress, Cristina Vee, with Nu, Saya, Noel Vermillion, and Mu-12.
- In an interview with series creator Toshimichi Mori in the BlazBlue: Central Fiction Official Setting Material Collection, he stated that he did not originally wish to resurrect either Nu nor Lambda, but only did so because of the nature of fighting games.
- Lambda is the only character to have been absent from a main game in its entirety after having already been introduced. She was absent from BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma, her movelist having merged with Nu's. This was because she was canonically dead at the time, but was resurrected in the Extend version of the game, becoming playable once more.
- In Continuum Shift, Lambda's Unlimited Form was Nu.
- Until BlazBlue: Alter Memory, Lambda had not been seen outside of her battle armor.
- In the main games Lambda has never had a theme of her own, sharing "Awakening the Chaos" with Nu. However, in Alter Memory, Lambda does have her own theme, named "Battle of Eternity".
- BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Site (JP), Λ -11-
- ArcSystemWorks livestream, 02/15/2018
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction Consumer Edition Official Site (JP), Λ -11-
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Official Site (US), Lambda-11
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Story Mode, True Ending
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Weapon #030
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend Official Site (JP), Λ -11-
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Official Site (JP), Λ -11-
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction Consumer Edition Official Site (JP), Story - Λ -11-
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Character #013
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction Official Setting Material Collection, Toshimichi Mori interview
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Arcade Mode, Lambda-11 - Act II
|Crossover Characters (BBTAG)|
|Persona 4 Arena|
|Under Night In-Birth|