"It's alright! I will absolutely protect Mai! Without fail!!"
Kajun Faycott (カジュン=ファイコット) is a scientist for Sector Seven and a close friend of Mai Natsume. She is one of Kokonoe's assistants, and is both a spy and researcher. She created the Legacy Weapon - Gallia Sphyras: Outseal. Kajun has an insatiable thirst for knowledge and an unbreakable bond with Mai.
She is one of the main characters of both BlazBlue: Remix Heart and BlazBlue: Variable Heart, and appeared in BlazBlue: Central Fiction as an NPC. Kajun was revealed for BlazBlue Alternative: Dark War on February 10th, 2021.
A young woman with fair skin and long lavender hair that comes to her lower back; Kajun's bangs end just above her lavender eyes. Kajun is always seen wearing a black headband with a black butterfly piece attached to it. Her usual outfit consists of a short purple dress that shows her cleavage and stops just above her thighs. Over this she wears a stylized white coat with black hems, purple cuffs, and a butterfly motif on its left side. Kajun's look is finished with black tights, purple boots, and a loose black belt around her coated waist.
When posing as a student in the Military Academy, Kajun wore its uniform, although she customised it to her own tastes. She wore a short skirt with black tights and black high heels that had butterfly wings on the back of them. Her uniform's jacket was more similar to a long coat that came down to her knees; the black belt holding the coat together was constantly left open, and her headband had a white and lavender colored pattern.
The Golden Angel turned into a purple torpedo swimsuit for Kajun. She once infiltrated the Novus Orbis Librarium, taking a typical Ars Magi "Jolting Sapphire" uniform, and wore both its poncho and beret.
Absolutely obsessed with research and the pursuit of knowledge. Kajun has many quirks in her personality, but remains affable to everyone she comes across. To this end, she works hard under Kokonoe and Sector Seven, and will do nearly anything to ensure that she does not fail in her missions. Even though she is a dedicated scientist and researcher, Kajun has a good sense of humor and can be startled easily by things that she does not expect - however, she is prepared for nearly every situation, making this a rare occasion.
Kajun has a deep affection for Mai, and will go to any means to protect her. The two are close enough to fall asleep together, and Kajun herself even developed the Outseal with Mai in mind. Their relationship appears platonic as their bond is that close.
Always carrying an air of mystery around her, Kajun also flaunts her intelligence every now and again, using her vast amount of general knowledge to answer just about any question that comes her way. In front of one of her superiors, such as Kokonoe, she flounders and has been known to excessively apologize for making even tiny mistakes. She constantly maintains a cute attitude to those around her, making her occupation as a spy for Sector Seven difficult to deduce.
Powers and Abilities
Despite being a member of Sector Seven, Kajun excels in Ars Magus, and is well versed in both its application and theory. It is to this end that she was able to pose as a Military Academy student for so long and not arouse suspicion. She is also a remarkable spy who was able to discreetly hunt for the Azure Grimoire with nobody discovering her identity, even when she worked closely with teacher Ellen Nelson and student council president Jin Kisaragi. After her stint in the Academy, Kajun has seemingly taken a less on-hands approach, and communicates with Mai on missions by giving her directions.
However, Kajun is not someone who cannot fight well on her own. In combat, she uses various chemicals that are held to her side in vials. Holding them between her fingertips, she can throw them at opponents for deadly results and can concoct them for various effects, such as creating a large explosion or setting things alight. In actual fights, she flails her arms, launching as many different chemicals as possible, but her clumsy approach to battle can lead to her getting caught up in her own explosions for comical effect. In BBDW, it is shown she is in possession of a gatling gun that launches her chemical vials rapid succession.
As a scientist, Kajun is a revolutionary who created a Legacy Weapon, a weapon on par with the Nox Nyctores. Keenly aware of her surroundings, she is able to deduce anything from a glance, making her a fierce opponent when paired with someone more physically capable. This is where Kajun's weakness starts to show, however, as she only has so many chemicals at her disposal, and has been noted to not be as physically strong as Makoto Nanaya or even Mai.
BlazBlue: Central Fiction Library Entry
- Kajun Faycott
A friend of Noel, Makoto and Tsubaki's from their Military Academy days. She is also Mai's roommate.
Kajun is also very talented, excelling in both studies and Ars Magus practice. Behind the cute façade, however, she is employed by Sector Seven as a researcher and has snuck into the Academy per Sector Seven's orders. 
BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Official Site Profile
Mai's roommate during their time at the Military Academy. She is actually a researcher from Sector Seven.
BlazBlue Alternative: Dark War Official Profile
A young girl who attends the NOL's Military Academy. Bright and full of intellectual curiosity. She is characterized by her lady-like tone.
In truth, she is actually a researcher for Sector Seven, she is infiltrating the Academy at the request of a certain person.
- In the BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Character Poll, Kajun placed 26th out of the 84 candidates. She scored one place above Kazuma Kval and one place below Amane Nishiki. She had 920 votes.
- As of this poll, Kajun is the most popular non-playable character in the series.
- In an interview with series creator MORI Toshimichi, he confirmed that Kajun would not be made playable in BlazBlue: Central Fiction.
- Kajun appears in the main lobby for BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle. She will answer the player's questions when approached.
- Before Mai's addition as DLC, Cross Tag Battle marked the first time that Kajun was in a piece of media where Mai was not featured.
- At the end of some chapters of BlazBlue: Variable Heart, there is a Glossary section that is done by Kajun - she tells the reader about notes left behind by Kokonoe on some of the characters, locations, and creatures that were seen in the most recent chapters.
- Kajun's moveset in BBDW has a naming motif based around medical terms, although twisted into an unconventional fashion. For example, one of her traits is "Anti-Anti-Inflammatory Drugs" (熱暴性狂化薬 Netsu Kyōkayaku).
- Kajun is illustrated in the following Grimoires for BlazBlue Alternative: Dark War:
- BlazBlue 10th Anniversary Site (JP), Kajun Faycott
- BlazBlue: Remix Heart, Chapter 07
- BlazBlue: Variable Heart, Chapter 03
- BlazBlue: Variable Heart, Chapter 10
- BlazBlue: Remix Heart, Chapter 05
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Library Mode, Character #087
- BlazBlue Alternative: Dark War, Kajun Faycott Profile
- MORI Toshimichi Answers Your Twitter Questions Part 3
|Other (C-series)||Edgar and Claire Vermillion ·Ellen Nelson · Four · Francis and Rosenne · Lao Jiu · Pakumen & Terumen · Three · Two|
|Remix Heart||Elina · Guardian ·|
|Variable Heart||Julian ·|
|Alternative: Dark War|
|Persona 4 Arena/
|Under Night In-Birth|