Set behind Circus, Backstage is an area filled with numerous cogs and gears that all work to make the automatons in Circus function. Five pillars, each filled with rotating gears, lift the ceiling, which also has large golden gears that are constantly spinning. The flooring is made from wooden planks and there are several small shrubs growing near the pillars. In the far background, Circus can be seen.
Backstage has only appeared thrice, each time during a possibility of the Continuum Shift. Makoto Nanaya accidentally found herself here, but was relentlessly beaten by Relius. Valkenhayn R. Hellsing found himself here when tracking down Relius and the two fought but the victor is unknown. Carl Clover also found himself here and fought against his father, but again, the victor is unknown. As these were possibilities of the Continuum Shift, they likely did not occur in the main continuity.
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Story Mode, Makoto Nanaya - Slight Hope, Bad Ending
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Story Mode, Valkenhayn R. Hellsing - Hunting Dog
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Story Mode, Relius Clover - Darkness Visible