Monorail is a stage introduced in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger that rests on the railway of the 13th Hierarchical City of Kagutsuchi. In Calamity Trigger and the Continuum Shift games, it was the stage of Ragna the Bloodedge.
Monorail is a carriage that is moving on Kagutsuchi's railway. The fighting takes place on top of the carriage, which has a metallic brass-colored exterior and the insignia of the Novus Orbis Librarium across it. In the background of the stage is various machinery that is used to keep the carriage moving, with various gears, chains, and pumps doing their job. A large unused crane rests on the carriage.
Further in the background, the rails can be seen. The railway for Kagutsuchi is a kind of aerial tramway, meaning that the carriage is suspended in the air by a set of ropes. Sparks can be seen coming from the mechanisms holding the carriage in place. The sky is dark, but the sun illuminates the clouds in the left of the stage. The carriage itself is marked with the numbers '29'.
In the December of 2199AD, Ragna slept here, but was awakened by Rachel Alucard, Gii, and Nago. He battled against them when they taunted him, but he did not manage to win. Promptly after Valkenhayn R. Hellsing appeared, Ragna was teleported away. As this event was part of the Looping World, it is unknown if it occurred in the main continuity.
- BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
- BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction
- BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle
- BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, Story Mode, Ragna the Bloodedge - Grim Reaper
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Story Mode, Episode 003, Chapter 021