I write templates, do translations, and help out where I can.
Completed | In Progress | In Backlog | On Hold | Not Started (needs further conversation/consideration)
- Blue Radio (newest season)
- Character Quotes (BBCF material collection)
- Command Lists (BBTAG, backlog)
- Concept Art notes
- Locations/stages (BBTAG)
- Birthdays (current)
- BBTAG updates
- BBDW updates, BlazBlue Walker
- Dark Theme (Cathedral)
- Birthdays (backlog)
- What's wrong with mobile? (Minerva dark theme)
- Challenge Mode Combos
- Arcade Mode Transcripts
- Merchandise (trying to stay up to date)
- Events (i.e. tournaments, live events, concerts)
- BlazBlue Mobile (it's defunct so this is more for trivia purposes)
General Organization, Missing Pages, etc
Categories: Terms and Setting
- Character subpages
- Move biographies to a subpage
- Alternate timelines in tabbers (ie Tsubaki - main, CT1, TWoF)?
- "/Quotes" (top page) contains notable (story) quotes, in-character Blue Radio lines, and tabs to navigate its subpages?
- Subpages for each game (ie "/Quotes/BBCF"): (A & B) battle lines, winquotes, unique encounters, system voice
- Command Lists
- Command Lists for each game (BBCT, BBCS, BBCP, BBCF, BBTAG)
- Includes tutorials/how to play/playstyle descriptions
- for BBDW-specific things (in-game profile(s), alters, weird lore, timeline shenanigans, stats, skills, etc.)
- General Structure: all information on BBDW/Units/Bullet with sections to be transcluded on Bullet/BBDW?
- When more information comes out, create a BBDW infobox. Example skeleton: Unit info, stats, skills, strategy, other versions, references, navigation.
- Collaborations masterpage
- Locations/stages infoboxQC pagesAdd 10th anniversary images (bday images)Characters' challenge mode combosOffer BlazBlue-related themes/skins (dark version esp) -> Minerva NoireHow to make it easier to navigate BlazBlue wiki by redoing the main page?Command List subpage (includes "How to play/Tutorial")Write a custom template for character subpage tabs.Gallery - needs a rehaul for sprites and keeping story spoilers more hiddenBBDW (for in-game profile(s), alters, weird lore, alternate timeline shenanigans)(since one for each collab would be overkill, especially with ancient/dead/hard to datamine ones), refer to (Media from Collaborations?)
Status: On Schedule
Status: In Backlog
Pages: MerchandiseNews updates/translations?Events?Move items from Merchandise masterpage to separate subpagesWrite initial Tabs and Navigation templates for the collection of merchandise subpages.(1) mixed info: Events, Merchandise, Announcements, Tournaments (Comiket, Arc Revo, Blue Radio, new game announcements)(1) Music albums get their own page, since music is important to BlazBlue as a franchise. (2) DVDs e.g. for Blue Radio R/R2 and Music Concerts get their own page (3) Do other merchandise get individual pages? Or are they just lumped into a "merchandise" master page? * (ie) BlazBlue Sets @ Comiket, individual items @ broccoli online shop? * what about items sold in multiple places? (ie Es Works) -> They get split by type (ref Category:Media of Merchandise)
Status: In Backlog
Pages: Blue Radio
Templates: Blue Radio Episode
Categories: Blue RadioCoordinate watching Blue Radio. Track: (1) corners & descriptions, which corners appear in which episodes (2) official cut-in art (4) notes on: in-character skits, new product details, any development or production details, fun (BB-related) corners, or go by intuition.Description of each corner - track which corners show up in which episodesPlace the logo on the side?
Pages: Gallery Pages
Categories: Media Categories
2018 Jul 13 Gallery Sections sort by date first, then by title. Jan 19 Add "Collaborations" section, move LOV Re:2, LOVIII, Mabinogi Duel, and Unlimited VS under "Collaborations."
2017 Dec 28 Add "Animations" subsections for each game (for openings, endings, and any other cinematic sequences) Dec 15 Renamed "Special Artwork" to "Guest Artwork," and split its contents between itself and the new Staff Extras subsection/category. Also added an Icons subsection. Dec 10 Added collaboration subsections (LOVIII, LOVRe:2, Mabinogi Duel) Dec 02 Cleaned up animation section, added a separate VIDEOS section that can be manually added to with the
Nov 27 Initial releaseChange the Gallery Section template to sort Main Artwork by date. -> only mainline games (CT/CS/CP/CF/TAG) have Main Artwork, so this isn't a problem)Add support for video embeds (add a Videos section and a video parameter)"Lobby Avatar" -> Category:Lobby Avatars"Normal Pose" -> Category:Portraits"Swimsuit Pose" -> Category:Portraits"Young Pose" -> Category:Portraits"Crest" -> Category:Crestsdidn't know where to put Embryo so just left it tagged "Crests", no character tags"Chibi" -> Category:Chibi"Chibi.png" -> Category:Chibi"Special" -> Category:Special Artwork"Sprite Reference" -> Category:Palette ReferencesMai needs captions"Avatar" -> Category:Portraits as necessary"Sticker" -> Category:Stickers (XBlaze, BlazBlue Blue Radio, BlazBlue)"Wallpaper" -> Category:Wallpapers"Birthday" -> Category:Birthday Art"Storyboard" -> Category:Storyboards"Concept" -> Category:Early Designs"Model Sheet" -> Category:Model SheetsBlazBlue Central FictionBlazBlue Calamity TriggerBlazBlue Chrono PhantasmaClone PhantasmaXXX "Arcade" -> Category:Arcade Mode tag w/ characters & locationsXXX "Story" -> Category:Story tag w/ characters & locations"BlazBlue Central Fiction Story Mode"
Timeline???? aka tabs are super useful and not all of this might be correct
|I don't know what's going on|
These might be in the same timeline as BlazBlue, but I dunno how XBlaze ties into it.
After the PFD is thrown into the Cauldron, the timeline "splits":
Wherein humans wage the Prime Field War against the PFDs.
This is the looping world created by the Origin.
The details of this timeline are covered in
After the Central Fiction ends there's:
This world comes "after" the Central Fiction ends (Raquel tells Naoto it's born from the CF's possibilities). Covered in:
The world that Ragna creates after ending the Central Fiction.
Example table of important information related to interviews that might help someone find what they're looking for (or aid them in browsing interviews).
|2016 05 21||Forbes
Arc System Works And Its Fighting Game Legacy, It's All About The Cool
|Daisuke Ishiwatari, Toshimichi Mori|
|2016 10 26||Inside Games
【インタビュー】完結を迎えた『BLAZBLUE』森Pが明かす心の内 ― 気になるあのシーンやイザナミの脇について訊いてみた
|2017 12 31||AppBank 2017 Year-End Creator Survey Vol. 2||Toshimichi Mori, Masaomi Kikuchi|
|2018 02 12||ARC Live! EP2 - Q&A w/ Daisuke & Mori||Daisuke Ishiwatari, Toshimichi Mori|
|2018 02 26||Shoryuken
SRK interviews Arc System Works, Part 1: Ishiwatari, Mori, and Kidooka talk about BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle & relations with US fans
|Daisuke Ishiwatari, Toshimichi Mori, Minoru Kidooka|
|2018 02 28||Shoryuken
SRK interviews Arc System Works, Part 2: Ishiwatari, Mori, and Kidooka discuss Guilty Gear and company strategy
|Daisuke Ishiwatari, Toshimichi Mori, Minoru Kidooka|
|2018 03 14||ARC Live! EP6: Q&A w/ Arc System Works President, Minoru Kidooka!||Minoru Kidooka|
|2018 04 20||Blazblue: Central Fiction Official Setting Material Collection
Producer Toshimichi Mori Special Interview
|2018 06 04||Forbes
Toshimichi Mori On How 'RWBY' Ended Up In 'BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle' And His Love For 'Nier'
|2018 06 06||Dengeki Online
For BlazBlue's 10-year anniversary, Mori-P and Kana Ueda take a look back. New 'Dark War' info as well!?
|Toshimichi Mori, Ueda Kana|
|2018 06 06||ARC Live! EP18: Live from Wednesday Night Fights! ANNOUNCEMENT INCOMING!||Minoru Kidooka|
|2018 06 13||ARC Live! EP19: With Guests Minoru Kidooka (CEO) & Junya Motomura (GGXrd & DBFZ), Then BB:Tag Analysis With Brett & Apologyman||Minoru Kidooka, Junya Motomura|
- PROPOSITION: Interviews be subpages of their source page i.e. Dengeki Online/Interview Name Here
- PRO: You can immediately see what sources produced which interviews
- PRO: Each source can have its own description page.
- CON: Stubs for sources that only produce a few interviews or are largely irrelevant
- CON: Page names won't be intuitive: "Dengeki Online Interviews" would be more accurate
- Example navigation: Category:Interviews > Dengeki Online Interviews > scan table for date, staff member, title > hover link for page preview & description
- Could be messy if searching across sources for an interview at a certain date (will need to open multiple pages - Weekly Famitsu, Famitsu.com, Dengeki Online, Dengeki PlayStation, Kotaku, Gematsu, etc)
- ALTERNATIVE: not having interviews be subpages (add the title as the first word in the article name - AppBank 2017 Survey, Dengeki Online BB 10th Event)
- PRO: Interviews will be automatically split by source via alphabetical sorting on category pages
- CON: Alphabetical sorting might be undesirable sometimes (e.g. if you want to keep Weekly Famitsu and Famitsu.com articles grouped together). The alternative would be a less intuitive naming convention e.g. "Famitsu Weekly" and "Famitsu.com"
- ALTERNATIVE: Adding source as a category and omitting it from the title
- PRO: Categories can be used with more complex MediaWiki features (eg #ask parser function).
- CON: leaves organization on the category page wanting. Forces one to browse by the relatively meaningless category of source
- PROPOSITION: Adding date (or year) in the title of the article
- PRO: Interviews will be automatically sorted by year/date via alphabetical sorting on category pages
- CON: can bloat the title with relatively meaningless information (aside from sorting it's not valuable information)
- PROPOSITION: Archive older articles in subcategories split by year (Category:Interviews > Category:2017 Interviews, with 2018 interviews under Category:Interviews until 2019 rolls over)
- Example navigation: Category:Interviews > if looking for an older interview, go to the subcategory of interview by year (e.g. Category:2016 Interviews); else scan the list of interviews from the current year.
BBDW Information Organization
Potential proposal for the BBDW/Guides page to feature links to all relevant Dark War information in one compact location. Aim to consolidate information into concise masterpages whenever possible, and avoid nesting pages.
- Everything is based on speculation due to the current lack of concrete information about BBDW (as of Jun 11, 2018).
|Characters (Unit List) - compacted table for comparisons, clicking name links to character's BBDW subpage, one row per character for easy comparisons and scanning
|System - HUD, controls, gameplay & translated in-game gameplay tutorials (combat, leveling, upgrading)|
|Modes? - description and guides to different modes of play (if there are multiple)
|Shop? - kind of related to Modes above. Not sure if this needs to be detailed here, but it could prove helpful if there's rotations or refreshes or something that's useful to note.|
|Gacha - Introduce what a gacha is and how BBDW's gachas work briefly (as well as different types of gachas in BBDW, if any).
|Missions? - pinboards, dailies, weeklies, monthlies, log-in bonuses, special event bonuses, etc. Event missions go on event pages.|
|Story - A guide and masterpage for the gameplay required to clear missions/quests/nodes/main story
|Events - a masterpage including information about time-limited events, that explains event types and has a list of past events.
|Items - a table or other organized list of items
|Updates/Version changelog???? - A very brief overview of changes presented in major patches (ones presenting new chapters, gameplay modes, or other huge changes; not events, gacha, or maintenance notices).|
|These feature unofficial translations of short stories published through BlazBlue Alternative: Dark War. Proposal:
|Prologue: one emerging possibility|
- Media (types of BlazBlue media, i.e. anime and games)
- Gallery Pages
- Character Categories
- Media Categories (categories for images and other files)