This is Graplo speaking. Thank you for filling in orb sheets of BBDW characters on the wiki. Will you be doing this for all characters? I previously had a system set up to manage this, but if you're able to fill in the information for all characters that'd be great to. It would allow me to move on to other things I can do to help. It's fine for you to say no too, but it looks like you've already done a lot of work.
- Hi. Any changes I do for time being is pretty much one-time thing, I have no plans to maintain those for future content. Anon (talk) 14:35, 2 March 2021 (UTC)
I see, thanks again for your help.
Preview Mode for Forms
Currently preview option is broken when you try to use it in form mode (works fine if used for source mode) and it was like that for quite a while. I was trying to workaround with making changes in source mode while waiting for preview getting fixed but it's quite a pain so I was getting tired of that approach. For time being, I'll be taking a break until it gets a fix. Anon (talk) 16:00, 11 August 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for reporting this. It's fixed now, but feel free to still take a break. For the record, it was a conflict with the Code Editor extension, which has been disabled until a more permanent resolution is available. (https://mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:Page_Forms#Problem_with_previewing) - Chao (talk) 18:31, 11 August 2021 (UTC)
Astral and Distortion Level-ups
Hi there, I was wondering if you happened to know how the newly added levels effect astrals and distortions? For instance, do all astrals/distortions have the same atk multiplier across characters that scales with the level, or does each astral and distortion per character have its own atk multiplier (and potentially, it's own scaling)?
I'd like to add new rows to the bbdw character template to accommodate the update, but I wanted to touch base with you before doing so for better guidance on what is actually required to be added. Hachimitsu (talk) 22:51, 9 September 2021 (UTC)
- Hi. Yes, the second one, damage for distortions and astrals differs across characters. And for leveling those, right now I don't have data on damage scaling, it would require manual testing but I suspect that it scales same way for everyone so no actual need to add scaling table for everyone. For time being I can provide base damage numbers. Anon (talk) 05:26, 10 September 2021 (UTC)
- Hello, I did some testing but am finding it hard to get consistent situations for DD (since I'm testing on the 10AP Jubei challenge quest, might not be the best quest to test on but it's cheap). I can verify that numbers (multipliers) differ, some characters were hitting 200% on DD and others 300%.
- Well, for now, I'm suspecting it's not addition (base_AH + 100*level) but multiplication (base_AH * (1.0 + factor*level)) unless I misunderstood your idea. But I didn't touch it at all yet so it's purely my baseless assumptions, don't know when I get time to run checks myself. Anon (talk) 12:10, 10 September 2021 (UTC)
- And done. As far my tests went, the damage increase was indeed linear.
% \ Lvl 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 DD 0 5 10 15 20 26 32 38 44 50 AH 0 10 20 30 40 52 64 76 88 100
- I got a bit of free time to check it in more details regarding base damage for astrals and distortions. Long story short, damage for those works same way across all characters, and relies solely on command type (astral or distortion) and targeting (ST or AOE). If we take damage multiplier for Revolver as 1x, then DD hits for 4x and 2x (for ST and AOE correspondingly), and AH - 12x and 6x.
- Though it should be noted that there is two exceptions. Tweyen's distortion hits 4x despite being AOE, and Djeeta's astral does only 68% of what it should. Djeeta's case is quite likely unintentional, Tweyen might be either. Relevant notes probably should be added for those two on their pages, didn't decide yet. Anon (talk) 07:24, 5 November 2021 (UTC)