Hibiki is a character who uses quick movements and illusions to toy with his opponent. Don't focus on repeating actions, and use a variety of moves to confuse the opponent. At mid-range, use Standing C, then connect into → + D. → + D connects into standing B with Revolver Action, so even if you're guarded you can get into close combat.
If the opponent is wary of Standing C into → + D, use Standing D instead. When Standing D hits, use middle attack Dual Wing Smash: Heaven and low attack Duel Wing Smash: Earth to shake up their guard. Once close to the opponent, use middle attack ← + B and low attack Crouching B or → + A to shake up their guard. After Standing B → additional B, you have an option between middle or low attacks like crouching B or ← + B.
If the opponent gains some distance, connect Soaring Kick → Piercing Feather. After Piercing Feather, attack with Jumping A or Jumping B to continue your assault. In addition, knowing when to mix in Soaring Slash: Revolution which requires a reversed direction guard, or a normal throw, will give your opponent some major trouble in defending themselves. If the opponent attacks from the air, use Crouching C to counter them. If you see the opponent jump while you're using Soaring Kick, it's recommended to use the C button to activate Pulverizing Fin.When pressured by the opponent, the invulnerability from Double Wing Cyclone is reliable. Using a Rapid Cancel makes this an even more solid choice. 
|Normal Input||Alternative Input|
| Double Chase
|Creates clones to attack the opponent|
| Schwarz Lace
|A + B + C + D|
|Enhances various drive attacks|
| Mark: "Purification"
|During OD, A + B + C + D|
| Soaring Kick
|↓↘→ + A|
| → Piercing Feather
|A during Soaring Kick|
| → Thrashing Claw
|B during Soaring Kick|
| → Pulverizing Fin
|C during Soaring Kick|
| → Catastrophic Strike
|D during Soaring Kick|
| Dual Wing Smash: Heaven
比翼陣 天（ひよくじん てん）
|↓↙← ＋ A||↓ ＋ SP|
| Dual Wing Smash: Earth
比翼陣 地（ひよくじん ち）
|↓↙← ＋ B|
| → Dual Wing Smash: Void
比翼陣 虚（ひよくじん うつろ）
|D during Dual Wing Slash: Heaven or Earth|
| Soaring Slash
|↓↙← ＋ C||→ ＋ SP|
| Soaring Slash: Revolution
飛斬衝 廻（ひざんしょう かい）
|↓↙← ＋ D|
| Double Wing Cyclone
|→↓↘ + C||SP|
| Piercing Muzzle-blade
|↓↙← + A in midair||SP in midair|
| Shadow Dance: "Hidden Phoenix"
Tsugaimai "Oboro Ōtori"
|→↘↓↙←→ ＋ C||← ＋ SP|
| Black Thunder: "Nue"
|→↘↓↙←→ ＋ D|
| Divine Nightfall: "Raven"
|↓↓↓ ＋ D|
- In Dual Wing Smash (比翼陣 Hiyokujin), the "Dual Wing" (比翼 Hiyoku) could be a reference to the
比翼鳥, a one-winged, one-eyed bird in Chinese mythology that must form pairs in order to fly. Idioms in Chinese and Japanese that reference this bird often refer to couples.
- In Mark: "Purification" (柝扇「祓雛」 Sakuōgi "Haraebina"), the kanji used in "Mark" (柝扇 Sakuogi) are 柝 taku, wooden clappers signalling the start or end of a performance, and 扇 ōgi, meaning folding fan.
- In Shadow Dance: "Hidden Phoenix" (番舞 「朧鳳」 Tsugaimai "Oboro Ōtori"), the "Shadow Dance" (番舞 Tsugaimai) refers to a pair of dances that are danced consecutively.
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction Official Website (US), Characters - Hibiki Kohaku
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction Official Website (JP), Hibiki Kohaku - Command List
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Tutorial mode, Character Specifics, Hibiki Kohaku, Lesson 03 - Strategy Lessons
Ragna the Bloodedge·
|Yu Narukami · Yosuke Hanamura · Chie Satonaka · Yukiko Amagi · Kanji Tatsumi · Aegis · Naoto Shriogane|
|Hyde · Linne · Waldstein · Gordeau · Orie · Carmine · Vatista|
|Ruby Rose · Weiss Schnee · Blake Belladonna · Yang Xiao Long|