- Create galleries as a subpage of the character's main page: e.g. Ragna the Bloodedge/Gallery
- In the automatically generated boilerplate text (see also #Boilerplate below):
Ragna the Bloodedgewith the name of the character the page is being created for.
- In the case of the Murakumo units, whose display names are different from their base page names, use
Λ-No.11-is the name of her main overview page and
Lambda-11is the name that her subpages are on (Lambda-11/Gameplay, etc)
How to add an image to a character's gallery
- Upload it via Upload Wizard. (ref. Help:Upload Wizard for general assistance with using Upload Wizard)
- Categorize the image with:
- The character: Category:Media by Character
- The category of gallery you want the image to appear in: Category:Media by Gallery Category
- The media source (e.g. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger) of the image for:
About the gallery system
- Template:Master Gallery invoked Module:Character Gallery
- Images are pulled into each gallery section based on the Gallery Metadata template of each image.
- The bot User:Deus Machina Nirvana checks recently-uploaded and recently-changed files to see if they are categorized with at least one gallery section, and if they are, fills out their Gallery Metadata based on the existing categories on the page.
Each section of Template:Gallery Metadata corresponds to a category on the wiki:
|characters=Category:Media by Character
|cameos=Category:Media by Character
|locations=Category:Media by Location
|weapons=Category:Media by Weapon
|source=Category:Media by Source, Category:Media from Novels, Category:Media from Manga, Category:Media from Collaborations
|artists=Category:Media by Artist
|section=Category:Media by Gallery Category
Categories that are linked to this system are marked with this message box:
|This page is part of an automated Gallery system. For more details, please refer to Help:Manual of Style/Character Pages/Gallery.|
See all pages included in this system
Images that need verification of their characters and cameos
Some images, like birthday art and arcade CGs, have appearing character separated into "cameos" and "non-cameos". Nirvana attempts to categorize characters into cameos and non-cameos based on whether the character's name appears in the title of the image (e.g. File:BlazBlue_Central_Fiction_Nine_the_Phantom_Arcade_00(A).png), and may sometimes make mistakes. The following tracks images that Nirvana could not disambiguate.
Backlog: Needs Verification of Ambiguous Characters
- Template:Gallery Metadata
- Module:Character Gallery
- The pywikibot script behind User:Deus Machina Nirvana: https://bitbucket.org/lawfulevilchao/deus-machina-nirvana/src/master/
Edit this section to see and change the boilerplate text.