Carl is a character who fights while controlling the doll Nirvana. He's a technical character who requires controlling two characters at once, with only a step type dash, making him one of the most difficult characters to play in BlazBlue.
Carl can trap an opponent between himself and Nirvana. This gives the opponent little room to move or escape. It's possible to quickly decide a match this way, so you should aim to sandwich the opponent. At mid-range, restrain the opponent with Standing B or Standing C. Then use Con Fuoco or Volante. You can approach safely by attacking along with Nirvana. It's also effective to send Nirvana ahead, then shut her down. If you move Nirvana with ↘ or ↙, Carl himself will crouch and not move. Then, wait for the opponent to come to you, and attack them from both sides.
← + D release and Con Anima withstand enemy attacks, so the action goes uninterrupted. Use this against opponents who are aiming for Nirvana. Once close to the opponent, sandwich them between yourself and Nirvana. If Nirvana is far away, use ↘ + C or normal throws, then La Campanella to call her. If you've close in together with Nirvana, use ← + D release or ↓ + D release to put the opponent on guard, then aerial dash or Vivace to get behind them. Once sandwiching the opponent, put them on guard with ↓ + D, then use Jump attacks, middle attacks like → + C, or Low attacks like Crouching B to break through.
↓ + D release is easier to use after ↓ + B + D into immediately release D into Standing C, or with Nirvana active Standing C into ↓ + D release. Get used to this before looking for various new combinations.When the opponent attacks from the air, Carl can counter them with → + A or Crouching C. Nirvana's Con Brio is also reliable. When under pressure, a solid choice is to counter with a Counter Assault. If you don't have Heat Gauge, try to escape using backstep.
- Vivace (lively) and Allegretto (moderately quickly) are musical tempos. Con Fuoco (with fire) can be added to a tempo as a modifier, i.e. Presto con fuoco (quickly, with fire).
- Cantabile (songlike) is both an instruction for a tempo and a method of playing, and can also stand alone as the title of a composition.
- A Cantata and a Rhapsody are both types of musical compositions.
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction Official Website (US), Characters - Carl Clover
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction Official Website (JP), Carl Clover - Command List
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Tutorial Mode, Character Specifics, Carl Clover - Lesson 03 - Strategy Lessons
Ragna the Bloodedge·
|Yu Narukami · Yosuke Hanamura · Chie Satonaka · Yukiko Amagi · Kanji Tatsumi · Aegis · Naoto Shriogane|
|Hyde · Linne · Waldstein · Gordeau · Orie · Carmine · Vatista|
|Ruby Rose · Weiss Schnee · Blake Belladonna · Yang Xiao Long|