Susano'o has very few quick attacks — each one of his attacks deals massive amounts of damage. Standing B and Standing C are extremely effective. Standing B will reach the opponent at the distance when the match starts.
Connect Standing B to Standing C then Standing D to unlock Special Attacks. From Standing D transition into Sundering Claws. Sundering Claws can be used at any time, and if blocked by the opponent, is hard to punish. Because Susano'o advances during → + D, this can be used as a means of closing the distance. Even if it is blocked, Susano'o can move first, so transition from B into → + B.
After making the opponent block Standing D or → + B, break the opponent's guard with Overhead, → + D and the Low Crouching D. Furthermore, the Overhead, Hunter's Fang, Low Dancing Dual Kick, and moving throw, Splintering Thrust, are all extremely effective in breaking guards. Unlock these as soon as you can.
Because Susano'o has such long reach, his initial Dash is a little slow. If you cannot reach the opponent with Standing B or Standing C, then try using the Projectile → + A. → + A will chain into ← + D, which will unlock a Special Attack. Against opponents from midair, use Crouching C or Jumping A to follow suit. Crouching C can be cancelled into → + D, or Jump Cancelled to open up new combos.
When the opponent is applying a lot of pressure, the invulnerable Towering Flame is your best friend. If the opponent favors close quarter combat, use this ability to create some distance. 
|Normal Input||Alternative Input|
| Divine Warrior
|An attack that unleashes special attacks|
| Shrieks of the Entombed
Zessō no Koku
|A + B + C + D|
|Allows all special attacks to be used for a brief moment|
|A + B + C + D during OD|
| Sundering Claws
|↓↘→ + A||→ + SP|
| Towering Flame
|→↓↘ + C (Usable after Stage 2)||SP (Usable after Stage 2)|
|↓↙← + A (Usable after Stage 3)||↓ + SP (Usable after Stage 3)|
| Hunter's Fang
|↓↙← + B (Usable after Stage 4)||SP in midair|
| Dancing Dual Kick
|↓↘→ + B (Usable after Stage 5)|
| Inevitable Calamity
|C (Usable after Stage 6)|
| Splintering Thrust
|→↘↓↙← + C (Usable after Stage 7)|
| Blade of Judgement
|↓↘→ + D (Usable after Stage 8)|
| Liberating Dagger
Tokihanatsu・Masō no Kyōjin
|↓↘→↓↘→ + D (Usable after Stage 8) (uses 50% Heat)|
| Strike of the Possessed God
Uchikurū・Kishin no Sengeki
|→↘↓↙←→ + D (uses 50% Heat)||← + SP (uses 50% Heat)|
| Collapsing Resentment
Nakiugatsu・Hōraku no Ensa
|During OD ↓ charge, then ↑ + D (uses 50% Heat)|
| Roar of the Mad King
Kyo Ō no Hōkō・Orochi Messatsu
|↓↙←↙↓↘→ + C (uses 100% Heat)|
- In Bloodspiller (血滾ル斂激 Chitagiru Rengeki), 斂激 Rengeki is read as "combo" but written with the characters for "stiffen" and "enrage."
- In Megalith (散リ殺グ礫巌 Chirisogu Rekigan), 礫巌 Rekigan is read as "conglomerate" but written with the characters for "thrown boulder."
- In Splintering Thrust (衝キ刺ス絶掌 Tsukisasu Zesshō), 絶掌 Zesshō is read as "splendor" but written with the characters for "sever" and "palm."
- In Blade of Judgement (断チ斬ル閃刃 Tachikiru Senjin), 断チ斬ル Tachikiru is read as "severs apart" but with the character for "sever" replaced with one for "murder."
- Roar of the Mad King (狂王ノ咆哮大蛇滅殺 Kyo Ō no Hōkō・Orochi Messatsu) in Japanese references Susanoo's slaying of the Yamata-no-Orochi in the original Japanese myth.
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Tutorial Mode, Character Specifics, Susano'o, Lesson 03: Strategy Lessons