Arakune's offense and defense is normally weak, but once the opponent is Cursed, you can use insects to perform relentless attacks. Thus a large part of Arakune's strategy has to do with Cursing the opponent.
Arakune also has some peculiarities about his movement. Dash and backstep cause him to sink into the ground and move a set distance. He is invincible while in the ground, allowing him to easily slip around the opponent. His aerial dash and aerial backdash have a floating trajectory. He can use them 2 times with each jump. He also floats when using a jump attack during an aerial dash but using ← with a jump attack or barrier will change his trajectory downwards. Using ← + B during an aerial dash lets you use Jumping B while falling. It's useful not only for closing distance from mid-range, but is also powerful repeated in close combat.
Once in close range, use Standing A or Crouching A over and over while chaining it into a Standing D to build the Curse Gauge. It's also good to use the middle attack → + A to break the opponent's guard. Once the Curse Gauge is filled, input ↓ + A into ↓ + A to link into Crouching A → to use insects. Even if the opponent blocks you, the insects from A can help buy time to close distance. The C insects also have guard crushing properties. If you keep these C insects in mind, it'll be easier to use → + A to break guard or attempt a normal throw.
Should the opponent get the jump on Arakune, it's safest to backstep away if you're in the middle of the screen. If you have Heat Gauge, using f inverse is another good way to counter.
|Normal Input||Alternative Input|
|Summons insects to attack the opponent.|
| Crimson Depth
|A + B + C + D|
|If the curse meter remains, the opponent will be cursed the moment it is activated|
| n factorial
|During OD, A + B + C + D|
| Insect Swarm
|A or B or C or D while the opponent is Cursed|
| Zero Vector
|Midair ↓↘→ + D||↓ + SP|
| a plus/minus b
a Purasu Mainasu b
|↓↘→ + D while the opponent is Cursed (midair also)||↓ + SP|
| Equals 0
|↓↘→ + B|
| y, two-dash
y, Tū Dasshu
|Midair ↓↘→ + C|
| If p, then q
P Naraba Q
|↓↙← + A or B or C (midair also)|
| → Negating "p"
P no Hitei
|Automatically activates when opponent approaches during "If p, then q"|
| Permutation n, r
|↓↓ + A or B or C (midair also)||SP|
| f inverse
|↓↘→↓↘→ + C||← + SP|
| f of g
f Maru g
|↓↙←↓↙← + D in midair||← + SP in midair|
| f Equals
|↓↘→↓↘→ + D in midair while the opponent is Cursed||← + SP in midair|
| n to infinity
|→↘↓↙←→ + D (midair also)|
- The moves a plus/minus b, f equals, f inverse, f of g, y two-dash (y double-prime), Zero Vector, Equals 0, and n to infinity refer to calculus and linear algebra
- if p then q and Negating "p" refer to propositional calculus, which is sometimes also known as zeroth-order logic
- Permutation n,r may have been confused with a mathematical combination, which is denoted "n choose r", or the number of ways r objects can be selected from a group of n objects. A permutation doesn't require "r", since it is the number of ways to order all of the n objects given.
- n factorial is the number of permutations for n distinct objects.
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction Official Website (US), Characters - Arakune
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction Official Website (JP), Arakune - Command List
- BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Tutorial Mode, Character Specifics, Arakune - Lesson 03 - Strategy Lessons
|Yu Narukami · Yosuke Hanamura · Chie Satonaka · Yukiko Amagi · Kanji Tatsumi · Aegis · Naoto Shriogane · Akihiko Sanada · Mitsuru Kirijo · Labrys|
|Hyde · Linne · Waldstein · Gordeau · Orie · Carmine · Vatista · Yuzuriha · Merkava · Mika|
|Ruby Rose · Weiss Schnee · Blake Belladonna · Yang Xiao Long|